Serving a community of diverse neighborhoods, the employees of Olmsted Township will perform in a coordinated, collaborative, ethical and fiscally responsible manner to provide greater access to services, encourage a vibrant quality of life and create a sense of confidence and connection among residents and themselves.
The Olmsted Township Service Department is currently hiring a maintenance worker. Work involves performance of a variety of general laboring, maintenance and construction work, including the operation of automotive equipment. Applicant must have Class B Commercial Driver’s License. Click here for further details.
Olmsted Township Nature Trail and Bark Park
The Board of Trustees of Olmsted Township was informed recently that the Olmsted Township Nature Trail and Bark Park has been awarded $300,000 through the State of Ohio Line-Item Budget Process. We appreciate the advocacy of Senator Matt Dolan and Representative Tom Patton in securing the funding for this community project. Their ongoing support and collaboration demonstrate the value they have placed on serving our local community.
This award will allow the Trustees to begin work on the 30-acre facility on Schady Road in the fastest growing area of the Township. The handicap accessible park will feature a walking trail, 2-acre dog park, pavilion and the amenities that will make this a great addition to the area and to the 16,000 residents who call Olmsted Township “home”.
Now Hiring Part-Time Firefighters/Paramedics
The Olmsted Township Fire Department is accepting applications for the position of Part-Time Firefighter/ Paramedic. Applicants must possess a valid State of Ohio Paramedic Certification and a valid State of Ohio Firefighter I and II Certification at the time of application. Applicants must also possess a current Cuyahoga Community College Physical Agility Test with a passing time of 4 minutes and 30 seconds as established by the Northeast Ohio Fire Chiefs Association, no more than one year old at the time of application. Please contact Tri-C for more information regarding enrollment, fees, and availability.
Applications are being accepted on an on-going basis until all positions are filled. Applications can be found here or may be obtained at the Olmsted Township Fire Department, located at 26900 Cook Road between the hours of 8:00 am and 4:00 pm.
Olmsted Township is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Jennings Road/Ohio Turnpike & Infrastructure Commission Project
Beginning May 9, the Ohio Turnpike & Infrastructure Commission will begin bridge repair and rehabilitation to Jennings Road over the Ohio Turnpike. In order to perform the necessary repairs, a road closure on Jennings Road will be required. The approved detour plan is detailed here. Notice of Closure signs will be posted at least 21 days in advance of the road closure. Once closed, Jennings Road will remain closed for approximately four months. Click here for additional information from the project’s general contractor, Suburban Maintenance & Construction.
Olmsted Township Named the 40th Safest City in America for 2021
SafeWise’s “The 100 Safest Small Towns in America for 2021” report was just released and Olmsted Township was named the 40th safest small town in America! Here’s a link to the full report: www.safewise.com/safest-towns-america/
Earlier this year, the Township was named the 2nd safest city in Ohio.
Many thanks to our First Responders, Trustees and residents for all of their hard work to keep our community safe!
Stormwater Master Plan – Local Drainage System
Olmsted Township partners with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District to better serve our residents.
Click here for additional information on the Township’s agreement.
Click here for information on NEORSD’s Cost-Saving Programs.
Click here for information about the Rocky River West Branch Subwatershed – Problem Area 05. (The full report was requested 9/2020)
NEORSD helps the Township fund:
- Street sweeping
- Leaf pick up
- Catch Basin repair/replacement
- Erosion control
- Soil and water inspections
Register for Ready Notify
Olmsted Township uses Ready Notify system to send alerts regarding closures, weather and civic events affecting our businesses and residents, updates and important information to subscribers. With Olmsted Township’s growing population and number of residents, we encourage you to enroll now to be current with official Olmsted Township business and updates. This system will also be used with up to date notices from the state and federal governments concerning COVID19. Please register here.
Services Provided by Olmsted Township
- *Are you OK? Daily call by the Police Department to ensure you are OK in your home.
- Bicycle Safety Program/Helmet Smart
- Coffee with the Chief Last Friday of the month at 9:00 am at the Fire Department.
- Community Shred Dates Twice a year, spring and fall.
- CPR Training American Heart Association. Registration required.
- Heritage Home Program Low fixed-rate loan for home repairs.
- How to Hire a Contractor Checklist to hire a competent contractor for home repair/renovation on our website under Building.
- *Fall Yard Clean-Up Partnership with the Boy Scouts for leaf raking. Sign-up required by October 1st.
- File of Life Alerts and assists first responders in identifying medical conditions and medications.
- Internet Exchange Safe place to exchange merchandise purchased off of the internet.
- Lock Box Box installed to allow Fire Department quick access to your home in an emergency.
- Meals on Wheels
- Prescription Drop-off Safe disposal of unused and outdated medications.
- ReadyNotify/Code Red Cuyahoga County Emergency Notification System.
- Bulk/large items – 1st Saturday of month
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Plastics, Computer Components, Tires
- Residential Security Assessment By appointment; form available online.
- *Silver Sneakers Low/no-cost exercise program at Olmsted Community Center (440)427-1599 or www.occ.recdesk.com
- *Smoke Alarm Installation Free smoke alarm installed at no cost.
- Southwest Hospital Health & Wellness Programs, call (440)816-8000 or www.swgeneral.com
- United Way 2-1-1 Free community service to request information about social services, health, housing and government resources available. Dial 211 to access or www.211oh.org.
- *Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging Provides older adults and persons with disabilities access to information, assistance, consultation, and long-term care services and support; Call (216)621-0303 or www.areaagingsolutions.org.
*indicates services exclusively for our senior residents
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Team
- VIPS – Volunteers in Police Service