Serving a community of diverse neighborhoods, the employees of Olmsted Township will perform in a coordinated, collaborative, ethical and fiscally responsible manner to provide greater access to services, encourage a vibrant quality of life and create a sense of confidence and connection among residents and themselves.
Township Scholarship Opportunities
Annually, The Ohio Township Association (OTA) offers four $1,500 scholarships to high school seniors throughout the state. Applicants must reside in an Ohio township and plan to attend a two- or four-year Ohio college or university in the fall of 2022. Deadline to apply is January 28, 2022. Additional details can be found here.
Basement Back-Up Flooding Survey
We appreciate your consideration in responding to this survey. All information will be provided to our partners, Cuyahoga County and Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District (NEORSD). These are the two agencies that can address these problems.
Board of Trustees Meetings on Zoom
Beginning June 9, 2021 the Board of Trustees Meetings will meet in person. It is also our intent to broadcast these meetings via Zoom, but ask for your patience as we refine that process.
We welcome you to join us at the Trustee meetings in The Community Room in Olmsted Township, 7900 Fitch Road at 7pm on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month. Or join via Zoom here (Webinar ID: 984 5694 1773, Passcode: 514703)
County Annual Reports on Olmsted Township
Stormwater Master Plan – Local Drainage System
Olmsted Township partners with Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District to better serve our residents.
Click here for additional information on the Township’s agreement.
Click here for information on NEORSD’s Cost-Saving Programs.
Click here for information about the Rocky River West Branch Subwatershed – Problem Area 05. (The full report was requested 9/2020)
NEORSD helps the Township fund:
- Street sweeping
- Leaf pick up
- Catch Basin repair/replacement
- Erosion control
- Soil and water inspections
New Solicitation Policy
The Board of Trustees recently adopted a new solicitation policy for the Township in accordance with Ohio Revised Code 505.94.
In order to solicit in the Township, transient vendors must first register and pay a fee to obtain a permit from our Administrative Office, which will then be valid for 90 days. At the time they register, they will be given the list of residents (addresses only) who have registered for the ‘no solicitation’ list. To sign up for the list, please click here or call our Admin Office. Per the Revised Code, if a resident has a sign posted at the front door requesting no solicitors, they must comply with that request even if they are not signed up on the Township’s list. The Township Police Department, Fire Department and Administrative Office have signs available for residents.
Any violators of this policy are subject to a misdemeanor under Ohio law.
Register for Ready Notify
Olmsted Township uses Ready Notify system to send alerts regarding closures, weather and civic events affecting our businesses and residents, updates and important information to subscribers. With Olmsted Township’s growing population and number of residents, we encourage you to enroll now to be current with official Olmsted Township business and updates. This system will also be used with up to date notices from the state and federal governments concerning COVID19. Please register here.
Olmsted Township named the safest city in Ohio!
The Township was named Ohio’s safest community by National Council for Home Safety and Security! Thank you for your part in making the Township safe! See what other cities made the list here: www.alarms.org/safest-cities-in-ohio/
Services Provided by Olmsted Township
- *Are you OK? Daily call by the Police Department to ensure you are OK in your home.
- Bicycle Safety Program/Helmet Smart
- Coffee with the Chief Last Friday of the month at 9:00 am at the Fire Department.
- Community Shred Dates Twice a year, spring and fall.
- CPR Training American Heart Association. Registration required.
- Heritage Home Program Low fixed-rate loan for home repairs.
- How to Hire a Contractor Checklist to hire a competent contractor for home repair/renovation on our website under Building.
- *Fall Yard Clean-Up Partnership with the Boy Scouts for leaf raking. Sign-up required by October 1st.
- File of Life Alerts and assists first responders in identifying medical conditions and medications.
- Internet Exchange Safe place to exchange merchandise purchased off of the internet.
- Lock Box Box installed to allow Fire Department quick access to your home in an emergency.
- Meals on Wheels
- Prescription Drop-off Safe disposal of unused and outdated medications.
- ReadyNotify/Code Red Cuyahoga County Emergency Notification System.
- Bulk/large items – 1st Saturday of month
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Plastics, Computer Components, Tires
- Residential Security Assessment By appointment; form available online.
- *Silver Sneakers Low/no-cost exercise program at Olmsted Community Center (440)427-1599 or www.occ.recdesk.com
- *Smoke Alarm Installation Free smoke alarm installed at no cost.
- Southwest Hospital Health & Wellness Programs, call (440)816-8000 or www.swgeneral.com
- United Way 2-1-1 Free community service to request information about social services, health, housing and government resources available. Dial 211 to access or www.211oh.org.
- *Western Reserve Area Agency on Aging Provides older adults and persons with disabilities access to information, assistance, consultation, and long-term care services and support; Call (216)621-0303 or www.areaagingsolutions.org.
*indicates services exclusively for our senior residents
- CERT – Community Emergency Response Team
- VIPS – Volunteers in Police Service