Registration and Regulations for Soliciting within Olmsted Township
Any individual or company who wants to conduct business of soliciting or peddling within the boundaries of Olmsted Township must first register and obtain a permit from the Olmsted Township Administrative Offices at 7900 Fitch Road between the hours of 9am-3pm, Monday-Friday.
- A BCI and FBI background check must be obtained by the applicant from an outside company.
- Complete the permit application. Submit along with a photocopy of the background check and a photocopy of applicant’s driver’s license or State ID to the Township Administrative Office, 7900 Fitch Road, between the hours of 9am-3pm, Monday-Friday.
- A non-refundable payment of $150 is due at time of registration. Payment must be made in check, money order or credit card ONLY. Credit card payments are subject to a 3% surcharge.
- The application will be submitted to the Olmsted Township Police Department for their review and approval. You will be contacted when the permit has been approved and your identification badge is ready to be picked up. These badges MUST be worn at all times while soliciting in Olmsted Township.
- The permit will expire 90 days from the date of issuance. Renewal will be $150.
- Please allow 1-2 weeks for processing.
- Identification badges issued by Olmsted Township must be worn at all times.
- Solicitation is only permitted Monday-Saturday, 9:00am to 8:00pm.
- No solicitors shall enter or attempt to enter the home of any resident with an express invitation from the occupant.
- There is NO SOLICITATION at any residence where there is a notice posted.
- There is NO SOLICITATION at any time where the resident has registered with the Township as a no soliciting address. (The Admin Office will provide registered solicitors with addresses that have requested no solicitation.)
- There is NO SOLICITATION permitted at any time in Columbia Park Mobile Home Community, 7100 Columbia Road. It is the responsibility of the vendor to verify with front offices as to restrictions of particular neighborhoods or any other private establishments (i.e. Evergreen Apartments, Oakwood Estates Apartments, Twin Oaks I/II Mobile Home Park, Olmsted Mobile Home Park, Redwood)
Violations of any of these policies will be subject to a minor misdemeanor.