Permit Application and Inspection Procedures
Permit Application Submittal
- All applications and all documents associated with application can be emailed to email@example.com all items need to be in 1 email and not in separate emails.
- All applications and all documents associated with application can be dropped off in our lobby drop box during office hours. 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
If you are in a HOA development, HOA approval letter must be included with permit application for all exterior work. If letter is not with packet. Your plans will be delayed or denied.
- If plans are emailed in, you will receive confirmation that Building Department received application and are in review.
- Once plans are reviewed by our staff, you will receive an email or phone call that plans have been reviewed. Payment for permits can be made with credit card over phone or a check can be dropped off in our lobby drop box or mailed to us. 7900 Fitch Rd. Olmsted Township, Ohio 44138. Once payment is received, permit approval will be released to permit applicant.
NOTE: there is a 3% processing fee if using credit card.
Inspection Request Process
- Email all inspections request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All inspections request must be in before 3:00 PM for next day inspections. If your request is after 3:00 PM it will be on the following day not next day.
- All emailed request must have in email:
- Address or permit # (if new home must include sublot and development)
- Inspection being requested
- Contact person with email address and phone #
- AM or PM inspection
- Inspector will be on site to conduct all inspections. No video or pictures will be excepted unless approved by Building Official.