PERMIT APPLICATION AND INSPECTION PROCEDURE
PERMIT APPLICATION SUBMITAL
- All applications and all documents associated with application can be emailed to email@example.com all items need to be in 1 email and not in separate emails.
- All applications and all documents associated with application can be dropped off in our lobby drop box during office hours. 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM.
If you are in a HOA development, HOA approval letter must be included with permit application for all exterior work. If letter is not with packet. Your plans will be delayed or denied.
- If plans are emailed in, you will receive confirmation that Building Department received application and are in review.
- Once plans are reviewed by our staff, you will receive an email or phone call that plans have been reviewed. Payment for permits can be made with credit card over phone or a check can be dropped off in our lobby drop box or mailed to us. 7900 Fitch Rd. Olmsted Township, Ohio 44138. Once payment is received, permit approval will be released to permit applicant.
NOTE: there is a 3% processing fee if using credit card.
INSPECTION REQUESTS PROCESS
- Email all inspections request to firstname.lastname@example.org
- All inspections request must be in before 3:00 PM for next day inspections. If your request is after 3:00 PM it will be on the following day not next day.
- All emailed request must have in email:
- Address or permit # (if new home must include sublot and development)
- Inspection being requested
- Contact person with email address and phone #
- AM or PM inspection
- Inspector will be on site to conduct all inspections. No video or pictures will be excepted unless approved by Building Official.
SEEKING VOLUNTEERS FOR OUR ZONING BOARDS
Olmsted Township is currently accepting applications to fill Alternate Member positions on the Olmsted Township Zoning Commission and Board of Zoning Appeals. Members of this Commission hear and rule on requests for changes in zoning and make recommendations to the Board of Trustees in this regard. They provide the voice of the community and are governed by the Ohio Revised Code Chapter 519. The Commission meets once each month.
Interested residents of Olmsted Township must submit a letter of interest and resume by email, email@example.com or by mail, Olmsted Township, 26900 Cook Road, Olmsted Township, OH 44138. You may also drop off your application at the Township Building Department, 26908 Cook Road (in the First Federal of Lakewood Plaza) between 8:00 am and 2:00pm. For more information call, (440) 235-4225.